You are accessing a U.S. government information system, which includes: (1) this computer, (2) this computer network, (3) all computers connected to this network, and (4) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network. This information system is provided for U.S. Government-authorized use only. Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in disciplinary action, as well as civil and criminal penalties. By using this information system, you understand and consent to the following:
- You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the Government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) maintains ownership and responsibility for this computer system and has allowed CGS Administrators, LLC to provide the services of this system. Users of CGS Administrators, LLC's myCGS application must adhere to CMS information security policies, standards and procedures.
Your usage of myCGS may be monitored, recorded and audited. Your use of this information system established your consent to any and all monitoring and recording of your activities. Unauthorized use is prohibited and subject to criminal and civil penalties.
CGS Administrators, LLC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time. You agree that you shall be bound by the terms and conditions appearing on this site at the time you are using the site. By using myCGS, you agree to release CGS Administrators, LLC from any and all claims, liabilities or damages related to your use. You further agree to indemnify and hold CGS Administrators, LLC harmless, including the payment of attorney's fees, for any breach of this Agreement, negligence, violation of law, or willful conduct on your part in connection with the use of this Website.
CGS Administrators, LLC provides the information on myCGS free and for informational purposes only. Although CGS Administrators, LLC has attempted to make sure the contents of myCGS are correct and complete, you agree not to hold CGS Administrators, LLC responsible for the accuracy of this information, and you assume all the risks associated with its use. CGS Administrators, LLC may change, delete or update information without notice.
CGS Administrators, LLC has no obligation to update information within this Website. This means information on the site may be out of date at any given time. CGS Administrators, LLC also may make improvements or changes in the products or services described on the site at any given time without notice.
You may print a copy of the information displayed on this site. However, CGS Administrators, LLC does not transfer or grant any intellectual property or other rights to you, including any copyright, trademark, service mark, or patent rights, all of which the CGS Administrators, LLC expressly reserves for itself. You agree not to distribute, manipulate, create derivative works from, or use the information on this site for any purpose other than as expressly authorized by the CGS Administrators, LLC.
Any copy and/or alteration of the original data displayed on this site, including conversion to other media or other data formats, is the responsibility of the requestor. Data that has been manipulated or reprocessed by the user is the responsibility of the user. The user may not present data that has been altered in any way as CMS or CGS Administrators, LLC data. CGS Administrators, LLC has no responsibility for the data after it has been converted, processed or otherwise altered. CGS Administrators, LLC has no responsibility for assisting users with converting the data to another format.
ALL MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OWNER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
OWNER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF THESE MATERIALS.
CGS Administrators, LLC is obligated by the federal Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. Section. 552a and the HIPAA Privacy Rule, 45 C.F.R Parts 160 and 164, to protect the privacy of individual beneficiaries and other persons. By signing this agreement, the user agrees not to use CGS Administrators, LLC or CMS data to determine the identity of individual persons. Attempting to determine individual identities from public data is a violation of the federal Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C and the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
myCGS may be used to verify, and not determine, Medicare beneficiary eligibility. Unauthorized transactions include attempting to acquire the Medicare beneficiary's Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN or "Medicare number") when it is not known and determining eligibility for Medicare without first screening the patient.
By registering to myCGS, you represent to us that you have the proper authority to use myCGS on behalf of yourself, any organization you represent, and/or any other person or entity you represent. In addition, you agree that you will not access, use or disclose, or permit or enable others to access, use or disclose, any information obtained from this Website in any manner that may be unauthorized, unlawful, or beyond the specific purpose for which such information is made available.
By registering to use myCGS, you are authorizing myCGS/CGS Administrators to send electronic claims submissions and receive electronic response reports on your behalf. Additionally, you are authorizing myCGS/CGS Administrators to provide you with only electronic remittances going forward. By submitting a claim via myCGS you understand that these items contain payment information concerning your processed Medicare claims and that you are authorized to endorse this access on behalf of your company.
CGS Administrators, LLC allows one user per PTAN/NPI combination to perform the initial registration process. This user will be listed as a provider administrator in myCGS for this account. Provider administrators are granted permission to all functions of the application. The provider administrator grants access for all subsequent users to access, view and print from this website the information related to said provider. Provider administrators are responsible for maintaining access for the account.
This includes the following:
- Creating provider users
- Creating additional provider administrators
- Assigning a temporary password to the provider users
- Assigning application permissions to the provider users
- Terminating user access
- Terminating additional provider administrator access
- Changing the provider administrator
- Recertifying user and administrator access
Any access granted and maintained by the provider administrator is the sole responsibility of that provider administrator. CGS Administrators, LLC has no responsibility for maintaining provider user access and permission to the data assigned to them by the provider administrator. The provider user can access information as granted by the provider administrator and must work through their provider administrator to resolve any access issues.
Each user of myCGS must have a unique user ID and password. Generic contact (user) names are not permitted. This means that we expect each user to have a legitimate first and last name associated with each user ID. Examples of generic user names are: Front Desk, Account Coordinator, Billing Department, User A, or the name of your provider office. No sharing of user IDs and passwords is permitted. CGS Administrators, LLC will delete, without notice, any user names we find that are generic.
CGS Administrators, LLC has the right to terminate any user's access if suspicious or improper activity is determined.
All user accounts must have passwords because the password is a means to authenticate the identity of the person using an account as the authorized user and to prevent misuse by unauthorized users.
Passwords are case sensitive and:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain an uppercase letter
- Must contain a lowercase letter
- Must have at least one special character @,#, or $
- Must contain numbers (0-9) and letters (A-Z, a-z)
- Must start with a letter
- No leading portion of first or last names may occur
- Must be changed every 30 days
- Cannot contain spaces
- Must be different from the previous 13 passwords
More secure password information can be found below in the 'Passwords' section under 'Rules of Behavior'.
Do not leave the system accessible on your computer when you are away from the computer. Remember to log off and close your browser each and every time you exit the system.
myCGS requires that all users, including provider administrators, periodically update their profile. At these times, provider administrators must also recertify provider users, and additional provider administrators, who have access to myCGS for the same PTAN/NPI combination. Non-compliance with the recertification process by the provider administrator or the provider user will result in denial of access to myCGS. CGS Administrators, LLC reserves the right to request that users recertify access at any time. CGS Administrators, LLC has the right to deny recertification and terminate any user's access if suspicious or improper activity is determined.
The use of any application, program, or macro (among other examples) that interfaces with myCGS is prohibited. myCGS is a stand-alone portal and shall only be used "as is" by the user.
Users are not authorized to use the myCGS eligibility and claim status functions to create non-CMS controlled Medicare databases. Users cannot create and host local Medicare eligibility and claim status databases that replicate the functionality of myCGS.
We may use "cookies" or similar technologies in order to track usage of myCGS and help us in improving our services. Most Internet browsers allow you to erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your Internet browser's help files or user guides to learn more about these functions.
When sending myCGS feedback through the Contact Us section of myCGS, please do not transmit any of the following information to CGS Administrators, LLC. Revealing this information online could expose you or others as a target for Medicare fraud and abuse.
- Personal information, including Social Security numbers.
- Beneficiary information, including Health Insurance Claim (HIC) Numbers, coinsurance and deductible information, dates of Medicare entitlement, copies of or information from Medicare claim forms, Medicare reports of eligibility, and Medicare Summary Notices (MSNs).
- Information covered under the Freedom of Information Act (1967) and/or the Privacy Act of 1974.
- Claim specific data.
The Contact Us form is for feedback only. If you need assistance with the myCGS application, you must call the Level 1 Triage Support at 866-590-6703.
By signing this agreement, the user acknowledges they are aware of and have participated in basic security and privacy awareness training both prior to initial use of the myCGS system and annually thereafter.
- I understand and accept responsibility for company security and privacy policies and rules of behavior
- I understand that violation of laws, such as the Privacy Act of 1974, copyright law, and 18 USC 2071, can result in monetary fines and/or criminal charges that may result in imprisonment
- I certify that I have not been sanctioned, reprimanded, excluded, debarred, or otherwise disciplined in connection with participation in any federal program
- I understand that I may be granted access to U.S. Government information systems, and that such access is provided for U.S. Government-authorized use only. I realize that I have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data that I transmit or store on these information systems; and that for any lawful U.S. Government purpose, my activities on these information systems may be monitored, intercepted, and searched.
- If I have knowledge of a security incident and fail to report it, I understand that I will share in the responsibility for the outcome and any consequences or actions that may arise
- I will immediately report known or suspected disclosures or system problems that could lead to the unauthorized disclosure of confidential/sensitive information to the EDI Help Desk and my supervisor and/or my business unit's Systems Security Officer or Privacy Official
- I will not direct or encourage others to violate policies
- I will not use company resources for personal gain
- I am aware that I am responsible for learning and understanding how to recognize and identify confidential/sensitive information
- I will only access confidential/sensitive information as required to perform my assigned job functions (i.e., a need-to-know basis). I will never attempt to access files or information for which I am not expressly authorized to view.
- I will not share confidential/sensitive information with anyone who does not have a valid business need-to-know, such as family or friends
- I will not copy or duplicate information and data, whether confidential/sensitive in nature or not, unless required in support of a business-related responsibility or function. I will never knowingly or willingly conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate, falsify or destroy information in an improper/unapproved manner. I understand that I am not permitted to use company or customer information for non-business or personal purposes.
- Whenever appropriate, I will mark documents containing confidential/sensitive information FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY to alert readers to the confidential/sensitive nature of this information. I will include an approved confidentiality stamp on all non-public documents that I create.
- I understand that confidential/sensitive paper documents must be stored in a secure manner when not in use, when I am away from my desk, and after normal working hours. I will secure documents or forms containing confidential/sensitive information in a manner that prevents unauthorized or inadvertent viewing whenever I am not using them or when visitors are present.
- I will dispose of unneeded or end-of-life paper documents using the company-approved methods
- I understand that electronic media should not be discarded except in approved e-media shredding bins or as otherwise directed by company security policies
- I will not duplicate information or data protected by a copyright law without documented approval from management, the manufacturer, licensee or applicable site license agreement
- I understand that removable electronic media, such as USB portable flash memory devices (jump drives/thumb drives) and optical discs (DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, etc.), containing PHI/PII or confidential/sensitive information must be encrypted using company-approved encryption methods
- I will not disclose my password to anyone, whether in person or on the phone. This includes my manager, coworkers, auditors, the help desk, technical support, system administrators, CMS, visitors, family, friends, etc. There are no exceptions.
- I will not write down my passwords, automate their entry in macros or scripts, or store them in a computer file. I will protect them as I would the most confidential/sensitive information. I will not share or sign someone else onto a system with my ID or password.
- I will change my password when the system requires it or when I initiate it only. I understand that the help desk will not call me or email me requesting that I change my password.
- When creating a password, I will not use common words found in the dictionary; names of family, pets or sports teams; dates of birth; or other identifiable phrases associated with me
- When creating a password, I will not use letters or numbers that are near each other on the keyboard (ex. hjkl) or appear in a logical sequence (ex. 123456 or abcdefg)